The Statement of Faith at MGEFC is the same as the Evangelical Free Church of America which reads:
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- We believe that only those who are thus members of the true church be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- We believe in the personal and premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
7 Core Values (View Full PDF)
1. WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE WORD OF GOD
o As the foundation of our faith - 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 | 1 Peter 1:22-25
o As the final authority in our lives - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 | Hebrews 4:12-13 | 1 John 5:3 | John 14:23-24
o As the source of God's inerrant truth - 2 Samuel 22:31 | Deuteronomy 8:3 | Psalm 119:137-140
2. WE ARE CENTERED ON JESUS CHRIST
o We exist for His glory - Philippians 1:9-11 | John 15:7-8 | Colossians 3:17
o We are redeemed by His sacrifice - Acts 20:28 | 1 Corinthians 15:3-5
o We are under His authority - Colossians 1:15-18 | 1 Cor 3:9-11 | Matthew 16:18
o We are empowered by His life - John 15:4-5 | Colossians 2:6-7
o We are awaiting His return - 1 Corinthians 1:7 | Titus 2:11-13
3. WE TEACH THE HOLY SCRIPTURES WITHOUT APOLOGY
o To fulfill our responsibility - 2 Timothy 4:1-4
o To build up the body - Acts 20:32 | 1 Thessalonians 2:13 | Ephesians 4:11-13
o To correct false doctrine - Romans 16:17 | Acts 20:27 | Titus 2:1 | Galatians 1:6-12
4. WE INTENTIONALLY SHARE THE GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPEL
o Through public proclamation - 1 Corinthians 15:1 | Acts 6:7 | 1 Thess. 1:5-7
o In personal conversation - 1 Peter 3:15-16 | Acts 8:34-35 | Philemon 1:6
5. WE SEEK TO MAKE DISCIPLES OF JESUS
o Who follow and obey his commands - Matthew 28:18-20
o Who exhibit a joyful and fruitful life - Colossians 2:6-9 | Acts 2:46-47
o Who reach and disciple others - 2 Timothy 2:1-2 | 1 Thessalonians 1:7-8 | Matthew 9:35-10:1
6. WE PRACTICE THE MINISTRY OF BELIEVING PRAYER
o To empower the work of the Gospel - Acts 4:29-31 | Acts 2:42-47
o To meet the physical and spiritual needs of others - Colossians 1:9-10 | Acts 12:5 | James 5:13-15
o To show our dependence on God - Philippians 4:6 | John 15:5-7
o To receive guidance and direction from God - Acts 13:2-3 | Acts 14:23
7. WE ACTIVELY WORSHIP GOD WITH OUR LIVES
o It reminds us we are believers - Philippians 3:3 | John 4:23-24
o It expresses praise for His goodness and grace - Romans 12:1 | Hebrews 12:28 | Hebrews 13:15
o It releases the Spirit's ministry in the body of Christ - Ephesians 5:18-20 | 1 Corinthians 14:26
o It is the primary activity of Heaven, the church's true home - Revelation 7:9-10